PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This personal data protection policy (the “Policy”) explains how your personal data are collected and processed in the context of the presentation of Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA’s wine brands. You may also be asked, on the websites accessible from the addresses listed below, to fill in a contact form so that you can contact us or request a guided tour.
You can access the various sections of the Policy directly by clicking on the following links:
Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA is the controller of the processing of your personal data collected in connection with the presentation of the Company’s wine brands and the offer of guided tours of certain estates. The Company determines how personal data are collected and what they are used for. As such, it is responsible for protecting the data and the guarantor of the processing of your personal data.
Contact details of the controller of the processing:
BARON PHILIPPE DE ROTHSCHILD S.A.
Société anonyme with capital of €6,250,000
Registered in the Bordeaux Trade and Companies Register as no. 459 020 644
Registered office: 10, rue de Grassi – 33 250 PAUILLAC
The terms “the Company”, “it” and “we” in the Policy refer to Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA.
We collect and process various types of personal data.
Personal data which we collect directly from you:
We collect and process the personal data you provide us with in the context of a request for information using our contact forms, a visit reservation request using our visit forms, a wine authentication request using the authentication service or the submission of a job application using the general application form (for unsolicited applications) or the recruitment application form (for job offers).
The types of personal data we collect in this context include:
– general identification data (individual or professional; title, name(s) and first name(s), nationality, email address, phone number where applicable);
– the specific information needed to process your contact request (the subject of your message, your message, international trade, national French trade);
– the specific information needed to process your visit request (desired date of visit, number of visitors, number of adults, number of children if any and their age, language of the tour and whether you have a interpreter with you, your message);
– the specific information needed to process your request to authenticate a bottle (your message);
– the specific information needed to register your application (your CV/resume and any other document(s) you send, your message);
– a record of your contacts with us, for example if you submit a request using our “Contact” form, if you request a visit using our “Reserve a visit” form, if you contact us following a first authentication test using the authentication service, or if you submit a job application (either unsolicited or in response to a specific offer).
You should not provide other people’s personal data without their prior consent.
When you fill in our forms, mandatory information is indicated by an asterisk. One such piece of information is your email address because we want to be sure that we can get back to you in response to your request. If you do not complete the corresponding fields, we will not be able to respond to your request.
Personal data which we collect automatically:
Some personal data are collected automatically when you interact with our website.
– Connection data: when you visit Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites, we collect data about your connection (type of browser, operating system, source of access to the website).
We use your personal data for the following purposes, on the legal basis indicated:
How long we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which it was collected.
We keep personal data collected in the context of a question about a vintage for three years as of the date of collection or the last contact from you, for example if you submit a contact form selecting “Vintage question” in the “Message subject” field.
We keep personal data collected in the context of a visit reservation request (via the contact form or the visit form) for three years as of the date of collection or the last contact from you in order to keep track of our exchanges with visitors.
We keep personal data collected in the context of a press request (via the “Press service” option in the “Message subject” field of our contact form) for three years as of the date of collection or the last contact from you in order to keep track of our exchanges with press and/or wine industry professionals.
We keep personal data collected in the context of a contact with the Human Resources Department (via the “Jobs” option in the “Message subject” field of our contact form or an online application using the “General application” form or the “Apply for this job” form) for two years as of the date of collection or the last contact from you in order to monitor our recruitment processes.
These data may be transferred to authorised persons within the company and to external recruitment agencies as part of the recruitment process unless you specifically opt out. If your application is unsuccessful, your data will not be retained once the recruitment process is complete.
We keep personal data collected in the context of an after-sales service request (via the “After-sales service” option in the “Message subject” field of the contact form or if that is the subject of the description of the request) for three years as of the date of collection or the last contact from you, as part of our sales archives.
We keep personal data collected in the context of a request using the contact forms, where the subject is “Other questions” or cannot be attributed to one of the categories listed above, for three years as of the date of collection or the last contact from you..
In all events, and pursuant to Article 7 below, you may at any time ask for all or some of your data to be deleted, oppose their processing or ask for such processing to be limited.
Your personal data will then be deleted.
We have set the lifetime of cookies on Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites so that it does not exceed 13 months.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that servers of browsed websites or third-party servers leave in a dedicated space on the hard disk of your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone or any other internet-optimised device) when you use your browser to consult online content or use an online service. It records information about your internet browsing and enables the issuer to identify the terminal where it is stored for as long as the cookie is valid or active.
Main types of cookie used
– Session cookies. We use session cookies for exclusively technical and functional purposes so that you can browse Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites.
– Statistical cookies. These cookies enable us to collect data on traffic to and use of Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites (audience measurement), to detect browsing problems and hence to improve the quality and ergonomics of Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites (performance analysis). These cookies are persistent, which means that they may remain on your computer after a session until their expiry date.
The table below gives you information about the characteristics of the statistical cookies used and how you can disable them.
Security cookie: These cookies are used to ensure the security of Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites:
– wfvt_ (30 minutes): used to detect how long the same user spends on the site and hence to group page-view statistics;
– wordfence_verifiedHuman (24 heures / 1 jour): enables the wordfence plug-in to check whether the internet user is a human or a robot.
– NID (30 jours), DSID (30 jours), IDE (30 jours): cookies left by Google to remember user preferences, especially for certain functionalities.
– NID (6 mois), 1P_JAR (5 minutes), OGP (2 mois) : cookies left by Google to remember user preferences, especially for certain functionalities like Google Maps.
– popup_cookie : linked to the pop-up window which appears on the site. It stores your language choice and expires at the same time as your session on the website.
– icl_current_admin_language_ (5 heures): provides information about your language choice for our website administration interface.
– icl_current_language (7 heures): provides information about your language choice for our website.
You can also configure your browser so that cookies cannot be left on your device. Depending on the browser you use, you can find instructions by following the links below:
Ordinateurs : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=fr&oco=1
iOS : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=fr&oco=1
Android : https://mzl.la/2IDNzsd
Ordinateurs : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=fr_FR&locale=fr_FR
iOS : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201265
Ordinateurs & Windows 10 Mobile : https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Ordinateurs : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
We may share your personal data with certain third parties. They are:
–subcontractors acting on our instructions to provide the following services on our behalf;
– hosting and maintenance of Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites;
– sponsorship campaigns on our social media;
– our employees, where their duties give them cause to access your personal data;
– lawyers and other legal officers in the event of a dispute or litigation.
Mergers, demergers or disposals involving our assets may imply the transfer to a third party of files containing personal data and their prior examination, for example in the context of due diligence. In the event of a transaction of this kind, we will give guarantees and take appropriate security measures to ensure that data confidentiality is preserved. If a transfer or disposal of our assets containing your data is completed, we will take steps to provide you with information that will ensure you are able to exercise your rights with regard to your personal data.
You have the following rights:
– the right to access your personal data free of charge and to ask for their rectification, deletion or portability;
– the right to withdraw your consent, for the future, to all or some of the processing concerned;
– the right to oppose the processing of your personal data, including for commercial canvassing purposes by post or by telephone;
– the right to request limitation of the processing of your personal data.
You can exercise all these rights at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to the following address:
Personal Data Protection Committee
Baron Philippe de Rothschild
10 rue de Grassi
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL (French data protection authority).
We may have cause to change this Policy.
If that is the case, we will ensure that you are informed of such changes by means of a special insert posted on Baron Philippe de Rothschild websites.
We invite you to consult this Policy regularly.
Pour visiter le site de Domaine de Baronarques, vous devez être en âge légal de consommer de l’alcool dans votre pays de résidence.
Vous reconnaissez avoir pris connaissance des conditions d’utilisation du site et déclarez les accepter sans réserve.
To visit the Domaine de Baronarques website, you must be of legal drinking age in your country.
You acknowledge that you have read and unconditionally